Using the Swap Shop, you can post a wide variety of homebrewing equipment and materials that you may be looking to trade, sell, or give away within the club. Examples of equipment or materials that you can post here would be boil kettles, burners, carboys, kegs, bottles, hops, grains, books, and whatever else you think other members might be interested in.
Below you will find instructions on how to post items to the swap shop.
- Log into the CSIBrewers.org website using the “Log In” link under the “Controls” section of the website as shown in the graphic below.
- Enter your username and password information in to the page provided and click the “Log In” button as shown in the image below. If you have not yet registered for a website account, you can do so here.
- Once you are logged into the dashboard, you need to click on the “Post” link on the left hand side of the website as shown in the graphic below.
- You will be shown a list of Post features from which you should choose “Add New”. You will then be taken to a page in which you can build your Swap Shop advertisement. At this point, if you have not used WordPress before, we highly recommend you watch the following training video. It will show you everything you need to know about creating posts on our website. If you know what you are doing, please move on to step 5.
- For your post, create a “Title”. The title should be an eye catching way of describing whatever you are looking to sell. Below the title, in the content area of the Add New Post page, add the content describing what you are looking to swap, sell, or trade. Be sure to include the following:
- Description of what you are looking to sell.
- An image of the item (if applicable)
- What you would like in return – are you selling it (if so, how much money), trading it (if so, what do you want in return), or giving it away.
- How you can be contacted – we recommend asking those interested in the product to use the “Leave a Reply” field at the bottom of the page, or leave them your e-mail address.
For an example please look at this post on a bottle capper.
- Before you finish up, you need to set your categories in which the item you are swapping will fall under. The list of categories can be found along the right hand side of the page. Using the check boxes, please select “Swap Shop” and also the check box most appropriately associated with the item you are posting as shown in the yellow highlighted area of the graphic below.
- Prior to publishing the post, be sure to “Preview” the post you are submitting to make sure it looks OK and contains all the information you wanted it to have. This can be done via the “Publish” section along the right hand side of the page. Clicking the “Preview” button will open a new window showing you exactly what the page will look like when posted. If you are content with the way it looks, you can click the “Publish” button and it will post to the website. If you wish to make changes, go back to the content editor section of the page and make the necessary changes prior to publishing.