At the November 12th club meeting we will be voting on who will consist of the 2014 set of club officers. Being an officer allows you some say in the future of the club and gives you an opportunity to improve the club. In particular this year is an exciting year to be an officer as it is the 25th anniversary of the club. The positions up for grabs include:
- President – Runs overall club operations. Responsible for running meetings, organizing club activities, monthly notes and announcements, and whatever other important club business pops up.
- Vice President – Assists the President with the tasks listed above.
- Competition Administrator – Runs the monthly homebrew competitions.
- Treasurer – Oversees club finances.
- Webmaster – Works with other officers to post information on the club’s website and Facebook page. Includes monthly meeting announcements on Facebook, updating website with next meeting information and competition results.
- Guild Representative – Attends monthly Free State Homebrew Club Guild meetings on behalf of CSI and reports back to the club on decisions being made.
The current set of officers encourage current members to please consider running for one of these positions. It is a lot of fun and you have your chance to play a role in the storied history of Baltimore’s oldest homebrew club.
If you are interested in running for a position, regardless of if you can make it to the November 12th meeting, or have any questions about any of the positions, please email the current club president, Brent MacAloney. Deadline for nominations is: 11:59pm on Sunday, November 10th.